Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Wondrous Works of Women!

(Please sing-song this to the tune of Paul Simon's "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover.")

Muckin out stalls, y’all. Cooking up a storm, yea.
                  (courtesy of Chatelaine Ranch)





Teaching the children life.

Women do it all well.

               




Paintin’ for a vignette today.


 Running the PTA.


Watching the folks grow old…

Run the office and keep it afloat.


Offering your time for free, sit with the elderly.

Read to your kids daily.  Women do it all well.

Cater to every whim, for parties or even him…


Design and decorate...
                  (Courtesy of five-ten-fifteen)














   
Brew the beans to percolate.  Women do it all well.

Make a menu and grocery shop...
                                                                                                  (Courtesy of Ciao Bella)


Buy the gifts, shop till you drop.


Purge the pantry, start a compost. 

Begin a blog and outdo most!

Women do it all well.
       
Paint for joy and paint for peace. Offer your art to all in need.

Run the kids hither and yon, smiling and blessing years beyond…



Women do it all well.


Make a party and a crème brulee, the star in you sings in every way.

Here’s to chicks in all walks of life, keepin’ the faith, steady through strife.



Women do it all well.












(I know a woman behind every description in this ditty.  In fact many of you fall under many categories.  I love me my girlfriends.  They rock!  Cheers!!!!!!!!! )

xoxo

11 comments:

Dianne said...

Your writing is wonderful. I know these women too and love every one of them. Thanks Vava for honoring us all.

Dawn said...

Oh you sweet Soul...I too am in awe of each of our very special Girlfriends...Cheers to the day we all can hug one another!

TeriGigi/Girl Meets Paris said...

Great post... I'm exhausted just reading it! To think us women do all that!

I love my girlfriends, and my BLOG friends!

sewmuchwhimsy said...

Oh I just love this!! xoxoxo
Gretchen

Pam said...

oh Va you have such a wonderful way with words. You have captured the women in your life in such a special way...I think this poem of yours needs to be printed and hung somewhere in my home. I'm thankful to have you in my life! love to you xoxo

Mary said...

so clever Va! made me smile! :)

catie said...

♥ j'adore ♥

MA said...

Virginia!
You are such a Dolly Tamale!
This is great and you, especially, are all of those things and more!
I love them all too and count myself
B-L-E-S-S-E-D!
Fo Sho!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Va, thank you for this....I love every word, and you put it all together so well! So empowering!!
I am woman, hear me roar!!
Rawr! XOXOXO!!

annielnb said...

Va, this is WONDERFUL!!!! You are sooo right !!! I'm with Kelly, what she said..... :-) Wonderful job, I LOVE it!!!

martha said...

You are one clever chickie to come up with such comprehensive GLEE!!!
Love it ....and YOU ~Thanks and cheers to these rockin ladies!