What a delight to find a "Welcome Vava" sign after a ten hour drive through Texas. This is my beautiful sister-in-law's beautiful front porch. Some might wonder why I "vacay" in the Panhandle of Texas but I've learned it's the PEOPLE not the place. I'd truly rather be in Dullsville, U.S.A. with fun, upbeat folks over Paris, France with snooty snobs.
When I walked into their kitchen my first morning, I found this darling set up:
THE perfect cup for my morning jo AND a Hedley peach: scrumptious. All on a silver platter with a linen napkin. Well, of course!
The prettiest part of the trip were the peeps!
- Pals still, after 43 years!
- A long-lost 1st cousin, she with a beautiful heart & soul and her handsome son
- A Nephew and His Harem
- Kind neighbors of my hosts
- Friends of P's.
- A Cowboy friend who helped a few of us feel like "Stars" while twirling us around.
- The most loveable hosts around: G&P!
- No traffic.
- Red wine.
- Great salads.
- Coffee and fruits.
- Lime beer and Cheetos.
- Stuffed shells and a movie.
- Grilled burgers by Jeff.
- And shopping.
- Dancing and laughing.
- No traffic.
- Frank's Chicken Sandwich.
- Rearranging and fluffing.
- Fish tacos and margs.
- Did I say laughing? And no traffic?
These are a few of my favorite things...in Amarillo.
And I'll take 'em wherever I can get them! Every time I go there I come home refreshed and thankful for family and friends who put me up AND put up with me!